Full Stack Web Development
Many people use the web on a daily basis. Websites make it easy for people and companies to distribute information to anyone with a web browser. Websites can also be used as a Software as a Service where people visit a website daily to read status updates, watch cat videos, generate AI art, send emails, and more.
I like what the web has to offer, and have taken the time to learn the ins and outs of web engineering so you don’t have to. From fundamentals like networking and servers to high-level abstractions like Jamstack, islands architecture and component-driven development, I have a good understanding of the many different strategies involved in serving web-based content.
Below highlights some of my skills in this field.
- I have contributed to the WHATWG HTML Specification (Pull Requests) and am familiar with the CSS Working Group Editor Drafts.
- I am proficient in Firefox Developer Tools and Chrome DevTools.
- I have experience with Linux servers.
- I am familiar with languages like Java, Python, PHP and Rust, and can easily learn new frameworks.
- I like PostgreSQL and SQLite for databases.
- I use Gatsby, GraphQL, and Decap CMS to create fast content-centric websites.
- I use Zola and Turbo to create simple websites that have the speed of SPAs.
- I use React, Next.js and Prisma to create highly performant web applications.
I have prior experience with Vue (both 2 and 3), Nuxt, Vite, Webpack, Babel, Gulp, Grunt, Mocha, AVA, Jasmine, jQuery, Storybook, Cypress, Express, AngularJS, Backbone.js, Ember.js, Caddy, Nginx, WordPress, MySQL, Apache, Node, Deno, Yarn, pnpm, Go, Lua, Bash, Ruby, Crystal, Bootstrap, Bulma, Tailwind CSS, SEO and more. Web development is a fast-moving field and I am able to easily leverage new technologies as needed.
I have experience with maintaining projects over many years and understand the importance of simplicity and conservatism to avoid breakage. I also have experience migrating existing code bases to new technologies.
Need an experienced web developer for your next project? Contact me with the icons below.